- 2 cups cooked rice
- ¼ cup granulated sugar, or brown sugar
- 1 cup milk, whole preferred
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Cinnamon or Brown Sugar
- In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, combine the cooked rice, with the sugar and ¾ cup milk.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat and cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until the milk is almost entirely absorbed, for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the remaining ¼ cup of heavy cream and pure vanilla extract.
- Sprinkle with Cinnamon and sugar.
- Let the pudding sit for 10 minutes to thicken slightly, then serve warm or chilled.
- If not serving immediately, store the rice pudding covered and refrigerated for up to five days.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to know how it turned out! Please let me know by leaving a review below. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag me #kinfolkrecipes.