Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 pack of an (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 pint Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 cups shredded cheese of your choice
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup chopped chives, for garnish
- 5 slices bacon (pork or turkey), cooked crisp, drained and crumbled, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Pierce potatoes and place on baking pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until very soft. If you don’t want to bake them just boil them in water for 20 minutes.
- Peel and mash potatoes in large bowl with potato masher or back of fork. Add cream cheese, half of the butter, Greek yoghurt and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Stir well. Add garlic, salt and pepper, and stir again. Add half of the green onion and cooked bacon.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, bake for 30 to 35 minutes until hot. Sprinkle remaining green onions, crumbled bacon and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese over casserole and return to oven for about 5 minutes, until cheese melts.