Smoked Chicken Salad
When you have an “extra” smoked chicken laying around and don’t know what to do with it. Make this Smoked Chicken Salad. You won’t be disappointed.
- 1 whole smoked chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery (about 2 medium stalks)
- 1 can drained and chopped mandarins
- 1/3 cup finely sliced scallions (about 1 medium)
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice from 1 lemon or vinegar
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- You need one of those delicious smoked chickens , Pull meat from the bones and chop.
- Drain the can of mandarine oranges and cut them up. Chop the celery.
- Add to the mayonnaise, lemon juice or vinegar, celery seeds pepper and salt, mix well.
- Add the mandarin oranges, celery and smoked chicken. Eat with crackers, or on a sandwich.