This Tex-Mex quesadilla casserole dish is perfect for during the week. It won’t take you no time to make it.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 1 pound ground beef (93%)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can corn
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chilies
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican Shredded Cheese or Cheddar.
- Brown meat and add the minced onion in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add tomato sauce, beans, corn and green chilies; mix well.
- Stir in all of the spices. Bring to boil.
- Spread half cup of the meat mixture on bottom of 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish sprayed with no-stick cooking spray. Top with 2 of the tortillas, overlapping as needed. Layer with half of the remaining beef mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat with remaining tortillas, beef mixture and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until heated through.
*Arrisje’s Recipe Card. Click on the picture and save to your hard drive. Print as a 4×6 pic*