Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Who does not like a loaded baked potato? Why not eat it as a cold side salad. A truly tasty side dish.
- 4 large Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Greek Yoghurt or Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped chives, divided
- 6 strips of bacon (4 for the salad and 2 for topping) cooked and crumbled
- Cook the bacon till crispy, and boil your cutup potatoes till done. You don’t want to cook them too long otherwise you get a mushy potato salad. You do want a bit of bite to it. I cook my potatoes between 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, yoghurt or sour cream. Add the shredded Pepper Jack Cheese and 4 slices of crumbled bacon, and half of the chives. Then at last the cooled down potatoes. Let chill in the refrigerator. I do not add any salt or pepper because the salt is already in the bacon and the pepper is already in the pepper jack cheese. Top the salad with the remaining crumbled bacon and chives. I am a bacon lover but you want to be careful not to add too much bacon otherwise it will get to salty.