- 4 cans of crab meat 6.5 oz each
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs or crushed crackers
- 3 green onions (green and white parts), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- dash cayenne pepper
- flour for dusting
- 1/2 cup peanut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except for the flour and peanut oil. Shape into patties and dust with flour. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, carefully place crab cakes, in batches, in pan and fry until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip crab cakes and fry on other side until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Serve warm with preferred sauce.
*Arrisje’s Recipe Card. Click on the pic below, save to your hard drive, print as a 4×6 pic*