Baked Ziti another easy casserole dish perfect for through the week. This is a very basic one, feel free to add some vegetables such as mushrooms, onions, and peppers. Ziti also tends to keep very well, making it possible to prepare the dish the day before, store in a refrigerator, then heat up the following day if necessary.
2 cups ziti
1 package (4 0z) pancetta
1 sm onion
1 tbsp crushed garlic
1 tray hot Italian Sausage
1 tray ground beef (93%)
1 cup left over wine
1 tsp Red Pepper flakes
1 tbsp Italian Herbs
2 tsp salt divided
1 can (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 tub ricotta cheese
3 cups shredded mozarella
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Boil water in a large pan add 1 tsp salt, cook the Ziti noodles 8 minutes then drain and set aside.
2. Cut up the Pancetta and fry in a hot skillet, add the minced onion and crushed garlic.
3. When the onion is translucent add the hot Italian Sausage. When the Italian Sausage is done add the ground beef. Add 1 cup of leftover wine, 1 tsp red pepper flakes, 1 tbsp Italian Herbs, 1 tsp salt. Mix well then add the can of tomatoes.
4. In a separate bowl mix the ricotta cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese with the cooked Ziti.
5. Spray some olive oil in the baking pan put the ziti mix in first then top off with the meat mixture. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and the rest of the mozzarella. Spray the foil with some olive oil that will prevent the cheese to stick to the foil. Bake in 350F oven for 20 minutes.